310-880-3005 • email@example.com
NBC NewsChannel - Intern • September 2017 - Present
- Assisting producers, editors, and correspondents in building daily news packages from Washington for NBC affiliates across the country, field producing, logging tape, helping out in the newsroom whenever necessary.
- Assisting in researching, building, and prepping for the weekly Sunday show, as well as helping out during the live broadcast on-set and in the control room.
MediaFile - Editor-in-Chief • May 2017 - Present
- Managing a digital newsroom of 30+ staff writers and five section editors on a bi-weekly publishing schedule, editing articles, spearheading the editorial direction of the publication.
The Situation Room at CNN - Intern • January 2017 - April 2017
- Assisting in building and preparing the 2-hour live broadcast, working with producers and correspondents, helping out in the newsroom where needed.
TODAY Show at NBC Washington - News Intern • September 2016 - December 2016
- Working directly with show producers, editors, and researchers to facilitate the creation of video news pieces to be aired on the TODAY Show that mostly pertain to domestic politics, finding clips, logging live feeds, helping out in the newsroom anyway I can.
MediaFile - Politics Editor • August 2016 - May 2017
- Managing a staff of 4 writers, editing articles, and writing articles for a bi-weekly online publishing schedule for a student-run, DC-based media web publication.
USA TODAY College - Collegiate Correspondent • May 2016 - August 2016
- Writing articles, producing podcasts and video content on a weekly basis tailored to the millennial and university audience on a variety of topics - with the goal of creating engaging content that also informs.
Conflict News - Washington Correspondent • July 2015 - Present
- Curating/updating the Twitter live feed with 225k+ followers to report on current conflicts around the world and writing articles on United States foreign policy, especially involving MENA/SE Asian countries. I also report on and attend White House, State Department press events.
The Media Line - Student Journalist • August 2015 - April 2016
Writing monthly articles pertaining to Middle East affairs, as well as through a Washington, DC point of view.
Radio America - Intern • May 2015 - August 2015
- Assisting in the editing and production of radio shows much as the National Review's Three Martini Lunch
- Fellow at the National Journalism Center
American Veterans Center - Intern • May 2015 - August 2015
- Field Production Intern for the live broadcast of the 2015 National Memorial Day Parade
- Produced "Veteran Oral Histories" for the website
- Updated AVC's Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account
Streetwise Media (DC Inno) - Editorial Intern • November 2014 - April 2015
Writing articles for the website, researching topics to be written about, interview sources, and aiding in office functions in anyway I can.
The GW Hatchet - News Reporter • September 2014 - May 2015
Researching topics, interviewing various people in high level positions, attending events that needed to be covered, and writing articles and blog posts for the paper itself and the website.
30 Miles North PR - Social Media Intern • June 2014-August 2014
Executed the everyday duties that are required when managing a PR Account, such as updating the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram accounts for each brand by using tools such as Hootsuite, BrandChirp, and ManageFlitter
The Argonaut Editoral Intern • August 2013-April 2014
- Wrote articles, attended events to be covered, aided the editing process and compiled the Community Calendar and Letters to the Editor weekly to be published in the paper
- Facilitated the establishment of the newspaper’s Twitter account creation and the expansion of its social media presence via Facebook and other social media outlets
Mustang Morning News (High School Program) • August 2011-June 2014
- Producer: Managed and executed the duties requires in MMN's advertising operations. Cold called local businesses with MMN's advertising opportunities, discussed different plans and prices, and drafted contracts between MMN and the local businesses.
- Reporter/Photographer: Created news packages and mini-documentaries on issues concerning the school and the local community. Shot and edited video, write voiceovers and anchor intros, and set up/conduct interviews. Managed the sound board during live bi-weekly broadcast.
Presidential Academic Scholarship - The George Washington University
2014 2nd Place - Broadcast Story of the Year Competition - National Scholastic Press Association
2013 Superior Ranking in Broadcast News Story - Journalism Education Association
2013 Superior Ranking in Broadcast Commentary - Journalism Education Association
2013 Excellence in Broadcast Journalism - Manhattan Beach Rotary Club
- AVID Access and AVID Interplay
- Adobe Premiere
- Final Cut Pro (7 & 10)
- Adobe Photoshop / InDesign / Illustrator
- Cool Edit Pro
- Rivendell Audio
- HD/SD & Studio Camera Operation
- Sound Board Operation
- Social Media
The George Washington University • August 2014-June 2018
Political Science major, Journalism minor
The GW Hatchet, Kappa Delta Sorority
Pembroke College - University of Oxford • May 2013 - August 2013
Summer Program - Journalism major, International Business minor
The Visitor Magazine